Thursday, October 30, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa Durtschi

For Family Home Evening this week, David and I visited Grandma and Grandpa Durtschi. What fun we had chatting with them and learning about how they met and listening to some of their stories from their lives.

One of my favorite things was the interaction between them. Grandpa loved telling us stories of younger years and we loved listening. He would preface his story by saying, "Just one more and then I'll be done." Grandma's response was adorable. She rolled her eyes - I caught that - and I started giggling. I loved it. It gave me a picture of me and David in the future when grandkids come to visit and David wants to tell just one more joke or is reminded of just one more song. Grandma Durtschi saw me stifling a giggle and brought her finger to her mouth in a 'shhhh, it's our little secret.' I tried to pull out a straight face and fought to keep my giggles in.

Another thing that I thought was totally adorable was the fact that Grandma and Grandpa held hands and there was a tenderness between them.

I told David later, "You're family is so great." He looked at me and said, "We're both lucky. We have amazing families!"

We are too. Thank you to all our families for your examples and love. You're truly amazing!

4 comments:

Kerri said...

What a fun memory that you will always cherish. Glad you guys went to Ogden that night.

DancingPrincessDesigns said...

Hi, Melissa (and David)! I'm sorry I missed your reception...the last month has been one thing after another! Congratulation and best wishes on your life together!!!

Jenn Camargo

Amy Lou said...

I Tagged you!


http://iambamix.blogspot.com/2008/12/tag-im-it.html

Enjoy:)

Hey I don't want to be a bother, but any news on the wedding pictures being posted online?

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Melissa, Hi! I heard your wedding was beautiful!! I just loved your engagement photo! I hope you post more pictures, I want to see the gorgeous bride! How fun to have your first Christmas together.

Love you, Jolyn