Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bridal Shower - Family



















































This shower was hosted by my Mother and my sister, Christina. It was at my Aunt Linda's house. Thanks Aunt Linda and Uncle Blair. :)

One of my favorite stories that night had to be my Grandmother Whiting's tale of getting me and David together. You see, I was really overwhelmed with everything and I broke it off with David before anything really got going. We were not seeing each other exclusively, however, I could tell he was moving that way and it totally freaked me out. Now from David's perspective - - he claims that it was no big deal.

Well, David and I kept in touch after the "break up" even though I had said that we wouldn't even do that. :) So, I went to my Grammy's house and she asked me about this boy I had been seeing. I told her I had broken it off and she said, "What? How can you know if it will work out if you don't even go with him? Have you even kissed him? (I hadn't) You should kiss him! How are you going to know?!"

Well, about about 4 weeks later, I called my Grammy and said, "Well Grams, I took your advice and now I'm engaged." It was hilarious.

David and I went up to Grandma Whiting's home for Family Home Evening a week later. When David introduced himself he said, "Sister Whiting, I have you to thank for this girl." It was adorable.

Thanks everyone for coming out to the shower. I appreciate all the support! You're all amazing!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Next to the story from Grams, I think the next best story is the one that would describe the picture above where you have a embarassed look on your face as you are opening the white flowered paper! I think your reaction to what you "thought" was in there was hilarious. Mom and I were sorry to let you down with "just" dishes!