Monday, February 15, 2010

They're here!


Kimberly Dayle Durtschi (5lbs. 12oz - 17.5 inches) and Abigail LaNae Durtschi (5 lbs. 6oz - 18 inches) arrived at 8:45 and 8:47am (respectively) January 22, 2010 via c-section.



Mother and daughters are doing REALLY well. The girls have gained at least 2 pounds each in their first 3 weeks of life.

Mom and Dad are trying to grab a little sleep. We have to admit it is a lot more difficult than people imagine with twins. It isn't just double the amount of time. It is a lot more than that. The girls like to tag team us, even at only 3 weeks old. :)

They are sleeping well - - about 4 hours at a time. However, they like to stay up and have Daddy and Mommy bonding time at night. :)

There are lots of stories to tell, but for now I leave you with pictures of our little angels. I am going to grab a few winks before the little darlings get back up for more fun with Mommy. We love you all!

7 comments:

Christina said...

Ooh! I love these 2 sweet little ones! I love you guys, too! You guys are doing an amazing job! They are so lucky to have such amazing parents! Love you guys!

Elisabeth said...

they are adorable. you guys are doing a great job. it's hard even with one I can imagine it's so much harder with two.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I have been waiting for pictures! I will cut you some slack, you have been just a little busy!:)

What sweet hospital pictures!
What an adventure you have begun!
Keep us posted on your beautiful family. Love you!

Sara said...

So cute!!! Glad to see that you are doing well. We will have to get together when things calm down!!

Lindsey said...

Darling!!! I can't tell you how happy I am for you guys! You and the girls look great!

Sherrie said...

Yay! Congrats to your family. They are beautiful. I have to admit, every time I up with my baby I think, "Somewhere, Melissa is probably up with two..."

Best of luck...sleep when you can!!!

Kerri said...

Congrats! see ya next week!