Wednesday, June 17, 2009

NEWS!!


Ok. I have to put a disclaimer on this post. Many of you might have wondered - "Why has Melissa stopped blogging?" Well, I thought it was just because of the end of school. So many things to get done and I didn't have time to sit down and update the blog and work on scrapbooking pages. Also, I had a trip to Washington, DC right after school got out. Then, the next week - - Youth Conference. So, who has time to blog. This week, I have been EXHAUSTED. It is actually a miracle that I am sitting in front of the computer typing this cause the last 2 days, I have been flat on my back.

Why all the tiredness? Yes. I'm pregnant. 7weeks along. This little one - - only 1/4 inch so far has completly wiped me OUT! I go from a nap, to trying to muster the energy to get up and clean, to crying because I have to sit down again after 20 minutes. For all of you who know me . . . that is really hard for me - - I think I am superwoman sometimes and try to accomplish everything. I am used to pushing my body and it being able to handle everything I throw at it. Well, not now!

Through this whole thing - - I have to say my husband, David, has been a SAINT! He has catered to my every need. He's been adorable, encouraging, empathetic, and downright sweet. I am not sure I could get through it without him. He's been very understanding. I love him so much!

My mom keeps reminding me that after 2 1/2 - 3 months I will feel better. All I can say, is I'm certainly glad I have a break from teaching right now. Not sure how I would have done while teaching school too. Probably had a nervous breakdown every evening I got home. Whew!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Congratulations, Melissa! I am so excited for you! It's really hard being so exhausted. Hopefully you start feeling better soon.

Christina said...

YEAH!!!!! BTW, I forgot to tell you about a website... babycenter.com. Maybe you already know about it, but if not, get on it! It is a must. Savy is still registered on it. It gives you weekly e-mails telling you about your little one and things you can be doing. Tells you things that are normal to be feeling and remedies of how to make those 'normal feelings' go away! :) Then, after the baby is born, it still sends you emails telling you how your baby should be progressing and giving you fun ideas of things to do with them! I highly recommend! I can't wait to find out what you are having!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Nana said...

Your Aunt Gwyn is so excited and happy for you. Congratulations!!! My love to all three of you~