Thursday, August 28, 2008

Getting Engaged

Dave cannot keep a secret. It drives him crazy! He gets soooo excited about the secret, that it can't help but escape through his mouth.

It drove him buggy to not be able to talk about having the ring with him when he went up to talk with my father. He needed someone to show. So . . . he showed my mother. She was so happy about seeing the ring before I did.

A funny story about this picture - - notice I am not wearing glasses. I usually do - - however for this picture I had taken them off and hooked them on my pants pocket. Yeah. They totally fell off and one of us stepped on them during this picture. We had to go to Wal-Mart and hope that the vision center would be open so I could see.

Dave proposed near Bridal Veil Falls, in Provo Canyon. It was very sweet and yes he did get down on one knee. :) He's a romantic.



So, here is the picture of me so sad cause my glasses were stepped on. Luckily, a vision professional was able to take care of it. WHEW!

2 comments:

Amy Lou said...

You guys are so cute! I love it. David never was very good at keeping secrets

By the way David I'm still waiting for your side of the story to be posted :)

Silriel said...

lol, I think it's hereditary, if it's not something horribly important, or I'm extremely excited about it, I have a hard time keeping something to myself.

You two are SO cute together! And I agree with Amy! I want to hear your version David! (I heard a bit of it when you told it to Elisabeth, but it was a bit difficult to hear over the phone. And if you can't tell, this is Sarah)